the best homemade potato salad
source : https://meaningfuleats.com
The BEST ever potato salad! Everyone always asks for this recipe. Such a crowd-pleaser!
The trick that makes this potato salad extra delicious is mixing the warm potatoes with a vinegar/salt/sugar mixture. This helps the flavor to go inside the potatoes, making this potato salad extra flavorful! also be sure to salt the water you cook the potatoes in. I like to make this potato salad 3-4 hours in advance (so it has time to meld flavors but doesn’t get soggy), but you can also make it the night before.
- 2 1/2 pounds red-skin potatoes, cut in half and into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced (including some of the inner leaves for flavor)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, diced
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Generously salt the water and add the cut potatoes. Boil until fork tender for about 15-20 minutes, checking every couple minutes towards the end of cooking. Drain the potatoes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. Pour the warm potatoes into the vinegar mixture and gently mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
3. more steps,click here