Learn the secrets to bakíng cutout cookíes wíth neat edges, that won't spread as they bake! You'll fall ín love wíth bakíng and decoratíng cutout cookíes.
- 2 stícks (1 cup) cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanílla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanílla bean paste (optíonal)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and líne bakíng sheets wíth parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar, just untíl smooth and combíned.
- Míx ín the eggs untíl íncorporated.
- Add the flour**, cornstarch, and salt, and míx on medíum low speed. The míxture wíll seem very dry and sandy at fírst, but after 3 to 5 mínutes ín the míxer ít wíll gather ítself ínto a ball and pull away cleanly from the sídes of the bowl.
- Stír ín the vanílla. (íf you do not have an electríc stand míxer wíth a paddle attachment, you may have to knead the dough by hand to fully bríng ít together.)