simple enchiladas verdes
source : https://pinchofyum.com
Enchiladas Verdes, with a simple homemade roasted tomatillo sauce that will make your tastebuds rock out. Plus chicken and cheese and tortillas. Super yum.
For the Roasted Tomatillo Sauce:
- 15 medium-sized tomatillos, husks removed
- 3 jalapeno peppers, ribs and seeds removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh packed cilantro
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
For the Enchiladas Verdes:
- 10 or so 8-inch tortillas – corn or flour will work
- 12 ounces shredded cheese – Pepper Jack or Monterrey Jack are my favorites
- 1 lb. cooked chicken, shredded
- additional mix-ins like sautéed mushrooms, white beans, spinach, or whatever is striking your fancy
1. Make the Sauce: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place tomatillos and jalapeños on the baking sheet. Wrap peeled garlic in foil and add to baking sheet. Drizzle everything with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway to prevent excessive scorching. Pulse everything in a blender (including juices). add other sauce ingredients, blend until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
2. Make the Filling: In a large bowl, combine about one third of the sauce (2 or so cups) with the chicken. Stir in about half of the cheese and any other mix-ins you want.
3. more steps, click here