Potato Gnocchi in Bacon Spinach Cream Sauce � One of the best weeknight meals ever! Super tender gnocchi are lusciously coated in a bacon, cream, and parmesan sauce with tons of flavor from tomatoes and fresh basil. A delicious restaurant quality dish made in 20 minutes or less.
INGREDIENTS LIST FOR THE POTATO GNOCCHI IN BACON SPINACH CREAM SAUCE
- 1 pound (450g) gnocchi
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots or 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 or 3 clover garlic, minced
- Red chili pepper flakes to taste, optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 cup fresh spinach
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook gnocchi until they float to the surface. Drain immediately and set aside without covering.
- In the meantime, saute the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove to a plate and discard the extra fat but keep the brown bits.