It’s the best thing ever on a hot summer day.
At least the best thing ever right now, because next week you know I’m going to tell you about the next best thing ever.
PINEAPPLE PEACH AGUA FRESCA
yield: SERVES ABOUT 4 total time:30 MINUTES
- 3 ripe peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 cups water
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup frozen peach slices
- fresh mint
- lime slices for serving
- note: to make the simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water (such as 1/4 cup each) in a saucepan over medium heat. whisk until the sugar dissolves and simmer for a minute or two, then remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Add the peaches, pineapple and 1 cup of water to a blender and blend until completely pureed. Using a fine mesh sieve, pour puree through into a large bowl or measuring cup, using a spoon to press the last of the liquid out when you get to the end. Combine the juice with the remaining water, lime juice and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Taste and add more syrup if desired. Chill until cold. Before serving, add the frozen peach slices (to act as your ice cubes!) along with a few ice cubes if you’d like it super cold.
- Click Here for more instruction and recipes