|Portuguese Chicken - Piri Piri Grilled Chicken|
Portuguese chicken is a great way to add a new twist to your usual BBQ chicken.
- 1 chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic - smashed (not crushed)
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp piri piri sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley - chopped
- Combine all the ingredients except the chicken, lemon and salt in a bowl. You will be basting out of this bowl so choose wisely.
- Spatchcock the chicken. That's a fancy word for cut the backbone out of the bird, lay it out flat and push down hard on the breast to flatten it. Now you know.
- Salt the chicken liberally. Place it in a large ziplock bag and squeeze the juice of a lemon onto it. Seal the bag and place it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Light your grill and prepare it for indirect heat. You want it running pretty hot - about 400F. Place. drip pan under the grate.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the chicken. Rub the olive oil to coat the skin side of the chicken.
- Place the chicken, skin side up and grill, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Baste the chicken liberally with the marinade. Cook 5 minutes. Repeat a total of three times.
- Flip the chicken and baste the chicken a final time. Cook 15 minutes and then flip the chicken again.
- Continue to cook until the breast registers 165F using an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- ..... Full recipes : glebekitchen.com
#recipeshealthy #recipesbroccoli #recipescakes #recipesseafood #recipesbreast #chickenrecipes #chickenrecipes #chickenrecipes #recipe #bananarecipe #Asian #Bread #Cakesrecipes #Caramel #ChickenRecipes #CHOCOLATE #Dessert #Drink #FreshFoods #HelathyRecipes #IceRecipes #Salad&Soup #Seafood #Syrup